Happy National Strawberry Day! And to celebrate, we’re making these Strawberry Breakfast Bars – they’re so good you guys! They’re vegan, no sugar added, keto and paelo friendly and totally LSF approved!
Basically you take a quiz to tell PlateJoy all about how you like to eat or if you have any dietary restrictions and they pull a giant catalogue of recipes that would work for you. Like even down to if you like making big batches of things for the week or want something new each meal.
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup strawberries, mashes
- Preheat the over to 350 defrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a food processor or blender, combined 1 cup walnuts, 1 cup coconut flakes, and pulse until finely chopped. Add bananas, vanilla, and salt and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan or baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the loaf to cool. Then spread the mashed or pureed strawberries across the top in an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and coconut.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.